- Methods for Research on Mass Media, COMM 783, University of Michigan
- The Biology of Communication, COMM 840, University of Michigan
- Feeling Political?: Affect, Emotion, and Personality in Political Communication, COMM 490, University of Michigan
- Media and Democracy, COMM 328 / POLISCI 328, University of Michigan
- Communication and Political Representation, COMM 463, Michigan
- Entertainment and Politics: How Movies and TV Shape our Political Preferences, COMM 159, University of Michigan
- Short Course: Content Analysis in the Social Sciences: From Manual to Automated Approaches, University of Vienna & UT Austin
- Short Course: Psychophysiological Experiments in Political Communication, McGill Univeristy
- Evaluating Information and Analyzing Media I, COMM 121, University of Michigan
- Advanced Statistical Methods, Political Science 618, McGill University
- Media and Politics, Political Science 424, McGill University
- Public Opinion and Public Policy, Oslo Summer School in Comparative Social Science Studies 2012, University of Oslo
- Honours Seminar: Political Representation in Canada, Political Science 521, McGill University
- Modern Political Analysis, Political Science 616, McGill University
- Contemporary Politics in Western Europe, Political Science 357, McGill University
I’ve had the good fortune of working with some terrific PhD students. In addition to our work together (listed on the Research pages), here is some work by students for whom I’ve served / am serving as the committee chair:
- Daniel S Lane, Vishnupriya Das, Dan Hiaeshutter-Rice. 2018. Civic laboratories: youth political expression in anonymous, ephemeral, geo-bounded social media. Information, Communication & Society.
- Anthony Kevins. 2015. Political Actors, Public Opinion, and the Extension of Welfare Coverage: Benefits for the Unemployed in France, Italy, and Beyond. Journal of European Social Policy.
- Blake Andrew. 2013. Political Journalism Represented by Headline News: Canadian Public and Commercial Media Compared. Canadian Journal of Political Science.
- Kelly Blidook. 2012. Constituency Influence in Parliament Countering the Centre. UBC Press.
- Andrea Lawlor. 2015. “Framing Immigration Policy in the Canadian and British News Media.” Canadian Journal of Political Science.
- Marc Andre Bodet. 2011. Representation at the margins: The impact of governing parties on spending in Canada. Party Politics.